Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Irish Coffee Gelee
By: Brenda - Negaunee, MI - 2016 Recipe Contest
"This recipe was prepared with Irish coffee in mind starting with the creamy caramel tones of Dublins Delight. With this in mind I wanted to find a preparation that could be offered as a demitasse to eat with a spoon and this recipe is what I came up with. I tried a couple of other preparations with this being larger portions and with chocolate covered espresso beans on top but in the end small, flavorful and smooth is what my tasters and I preferred.
This recipe will make 8 demitasse portions."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
- 3 teaspoons unflavored gelatin powder
- 2 cups prepared Door County Dublins Delight Coffee
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 ounces Irish whiskey
- 1 heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup prepared Door County Intense Dark Coffee
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Prepare 1.5 ounce Dublins Delight packet with 16 ounces water.
- In a medium bowl soften the gelatin in 1/2 cup room temperature coffee, stir to dissolve the gelatin, add 1 & 1/2 cups hot Dublins Delight and 4 tablespoons granulated sugar, stir to dissolve, add whiskey and stir, pour into 5 ounce verrine cups approximately 1/3 full.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours, will be a soft gel and move slightly in the cups.
- Prepare 1.5 ounce Intense Dark packet with 16 ounces water, in a sauce pan.
- Combine 1 cup prepared coffee and 1 cup granulated sugar, heat to simmering until sugar is dissolved, remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl combine heavy cream, 3 tablespoons of sugar, vanilla and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Place in a pastry bag fitted with a #3 tip and place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- To assemble, when ready to serve remove verrine cups from refrigerator, top each with 1 tablespoon of whipped cream, followed by approximately 1/2 teaspoon of prepared syrup and serve immediately.