Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Intense Dark Coffee Crackle Cookies
By: Sarah – New Milford, CT – 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
“These cookies have a deliciously intense coffee-chocolate flavor. A moist cookie with a subtle hint of crunch from Door County Coffee Intense Dark plus the unique "crackle" texture make them extra special. The perfect sweet treat or anytime pick-me-up for coffee lovers!”
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
- 1/3 C. ground Door County Coffee Intense Dark
- 1 1/2 C. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 C. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C. unsalted butter softened at room temperature
- 1/2 C. nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 C. granulated sugar
- 1/2 C. packed dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 60 white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 large cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Combine coffee, flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; stir until combined.
- Place butter, yogurt and sugars in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla; beat until combined.
- Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture; beat on low-medium speed until combined.
- Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- To make each cookie, roll 2 tablespoons dough into a ball and place 2-inches apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Press 3 white chocolate chips into the center of each cookie.
- Bake one cookie sheet at a time on middle oven rack for 11-14 minutes or until cookies have a cracked texture and appear mostly done.
- Cool cookies on wire rack.
- Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.