Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Honey-Java Pulled Pork Sundaes
By: Suzanne - Basking Ridge, NJ - 2016 Recipe Contest
"This is such a fun way to serve a delicious slow-cooked, coffee-laced pulled pork. I took some short cuts by buying canned baked beans and deli coleslaw, but you can also use your favorite recipes to prepare these components from scratch. This pulled pork is also delicious in tacos, nachos or quesadillas, on pizza, over rice or mac and cheese or tucked into a bun."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
- 3-4 pounds pork butt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 medium yellow onion ( halved and sliced)
- 3/4 cup strong-brewed Door County French Roast Coffee
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 garlic cloves ( minced)
- 1 can (16 ounce) baked beans
- 1 pound deli coleslaw
- 3 ounces Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- Cut pork butt into 4 pieces.
- In small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper. Rub all sides of the pork pieces with the spices. Place the onion on the bottom of a slow cooker and put the pork pieces on top.
- Mix together coffee, ketchup, tomato sauce, honey, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, mustard, and garlic. Pour over the pork. Cook for 6-7 hours on low setting of slow cooker.
- Allow the pork to cool a bit so you can remove the outside fat and shred the meat.
- In a small saucepan, boil the remaining sauce until it thickens. Put the meat into the sauce and toss to coat. Heat the canned beans.
- To make each sundae fill the bottom of a 12-ounce bowl with about 1/3 cup beans, a scoop of coleslaw, and a generous portion of honey-java pork. Top with shredded cheese and a cherry tomato.