Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Holy Mole` Chili
By: Amy - Avon Park, FL - 2016 Recipe Contest
"This chili recipe is a hybrid between two other chili recipes that I've written for my son's chili cook off team. Both years, he and his team were crowned favorites because of their unusual ingredients and bold flavors."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Black and Tan Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 lb. ground venison
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 oz can chopped green chilies
- 28 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 2 TBSP tomato paste
- 15.5 oz can kidney beans-drained
- 15.5 oz can pinto beans-drained
- 2 c. peeled peaches—fresh or frozen; not canned in syrup
- 1 TBSP Door County Coffee Black and Tan ground coffee
- 3 TBSP mole
- 1 c beef broth
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 ½ TBSP chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 TBSP steak seasoning
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- In a large soup pot, brown meat. Add onions, garlic, bell pepper, and chilies. Sautee for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor, combine peaches, coffee, and mole. Pulse until completely incorporated and chopped.
- Add beef broth, tomatoes, peach-mole mixture, beans, and spices to meat.
- Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently to prevent burning or scorching.