HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Heavenly Carmel Coffee Puff
By: Sally - Shelby Township, MI - Recipe Contest 2015
You can use your favorite Door County coffee in this recipe, but Heavenly Caramel works especially well
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Heavenly Caramel Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 3 tablespoons cold brewed Door County CoffeeHeavenly Caramel coffee
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup coffee
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons Heavenly Caramel coffee
- 1/3 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Heat oven to 350°
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, sugar and salt from pastry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Cut in butter until particles are size of coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle coffee over mixture and toss with fork.
- Gather pastry into a ball, then divide in half.
- Pat each half into 12x3-inch rectangle, about 3 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Using the topping ingredients, heat butter, coffee and sugar brint to a rolling boil in a large saucepan.
- Remove from heat and quickly stir in flour. Stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball, then remove from heat, beat in eggs until smooth.
- Spread half of the topping over each rectangle.
- Bake about 1 hour or until topping is crisp and golden.
- Remove from pan and cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix all glaze ingredients until smooth and spreadable.
- Spread over top of pastry.
- Drizzle with caramel ice cream topping and sprinkle with walnuts.