Healthy Hazelnut Buckwheat
By: Jean D. - Englewood, NJ - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
Start your day off with a healthy, hot breakfast made with Cinnamon Hazelnut coffee!
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 1/4 cup Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee
- 1 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1/2 cup instant cream of buckwheat
- Sprinkle with a little flaxseed meal
- Top with fresh fruit, like strawberries and blueberries
1. Brew Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee and set 1 1/4 cup aside.
2. Put the 1/2 cups of instant cream of buckwheat oats in a microwaveable bowl.
3. Add the coffee and vanilla almond milk in the bowl.
4. Microwave on medium to 2 minutes (or until desired heat).
5. Top with a spoonful of flaxseed meal and fresh fruit like blueberries and strawberries.