HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
By: Jamie - Rio Hondo, TX - 2015 Recipe Contest
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Highlander Grogg Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 3 tablespoons Strong Door County Coffee Highlander Grogg coffee (to brew strong coffee, add half the water you normally woud use)
- 4 Egg yolks
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 1/2 Cup Strong Highlander Grogg coffee
- 1/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, mix sugar and 3 tablespoons Highlander Grogg Coffee, cook until sugar is completely melted and darkened
- Pour into 8 inch round baking pan making sure it completely coats the bottom, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together yolks and eggs. Stir in sweetened condensed milk, 1 1/2 cups Highlander Grogg Coffee, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Whisk in cornstarch until smooth and well blended. Set baking pan with sugar/coffee mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Pour Egg mixture into pan with the sugar mixture. Fill 9 x 13 inch pan with enough hot water to go up one inch on the outside of the 8 inch pan.
- Put in preheated 350° oven and bake 55 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove 8 inch pan from water, carefully. Cool on wire rack 1 hour. Cover and chill 3 hours to overnight.
- Run a sharp knife around the edge of pan to loosen. Invert onto serving plate with a rim. Cut into wedges to serve.