Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Gingerbread Spice Latte Pinwheel Cookies
By: Carrie Sherrill - Forestville, Wisconsin - 2018
"This recipe is such a special way to use one of my favorite Door County Flavored coffees. They are great for any holiday gathering and even good to dunk right in a fresh cup of coffee. We leave them out every year for Santa and they are his favorite!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Gingerbread Spice Latte Coffee 8 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 Tbsp. Gingerbread Spice Latte Coffee
- ½ cup boiling water
- ¾ cup butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks (save whites for later)
- 3 Tbsp. Light cream (half and half)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Molasses
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Steep Gingerbread Spice Latte Coffee in boiling water for 5 minutes. Strain and set aside.
- In large bowl of electric mixer, combine butter, shortening and sugar. Beat until creamy.
- Add to butter mixture and mix well.
- Combine dry ingredients and gradually add to batter. Mix until dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Divide dough in half. Set one half aside on a floured board.
- Place second half in mixer bowl and add 1 tsp. Cinnamon, ½ tsp. Ginger, ¼ tsp. Nutmeg, 2 Tbsp. Reserved coffee, 1 Tbsp. Molasses and ½ cup flour. Mix well. Place both doughs (white and brown) in the refrigerator for 15-30 minutes
- Divide both doughs in half. You will have 2 white sections and 2 brown sections. Form each section into a log shape about 6 inches long.
- Roll one brown section on floured parchment paper into a 7”X10” rectangle. Set aside.
- Roll one white section on floured parchment paper into a 7”X10” rectangle. Set aside.
- Whisk reserved egg whites and brush brown rectangle with beaten egg whites.
- CAREFULLY invert white rectangle over brown and remove parchment from the top of the white dough. Brush with beaten egg white.
- Roll doughs together into pinwheel log. Roll log into parchment paper or plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Repeat process with other 2 pieces of dough.
- Place chilled log on cutting board and slice dough into pinwheel circles about ¼” thick. Place cookies on parchment lined baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes, until edges just begin to brown.
- Makes about 4-4 ½ dozen cookies, 2 inches in diameter.