Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
German Chocolate Cake Muffins
By: Jackie G. - Hallsville, TX - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"The German Chocolate Cake coffee inspired me to make a muffin using this delicious coffee and coconut and pecans. Everyone agrees, this recipe is a keeper! We love it with coffee any time of day!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: German Chocolate Cake Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup finely shredded coconut
- 2 Tbsp. Door County German Chocolate Cake Coffee, finely ground
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. hot water
- 8 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract OR coconut extract
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place muffin liners in 12 muffin tins and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine chopped pecans, brown sugar and 1/2 cup shredded coconut. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ground coffee and hot water. Mix with a spoon until smooth.
- Add the softened butter to the dry ingredients and stir with a wooden spoon until blended evenly. Don't worry if there are still bits of butter, as long as they are all about the same (pea) size.
- Remove one cup of mixture and add this to streusel. Stir to combine.
- Add coffee mixture, baking soda, baking powder, sour cream, beaten egg, and vanilla extract to muffin mixture. Stir to blend.
- Gently stir in shredded coconut and 1 1/2 cups streusel mixture.
- Scoop muffin mixture evenly between the lined muffin tins, and top with remaining streusel.
- Bake for 20 to 22 minutes or until muffins test done with a toothpick.
- Cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove to cool completely.
- Make glaze while muffins are cooling by mixing together the powdered sugar, milk, and cocoa powder until smooth.
- Drizzle over tops of muffins and enjoy!