Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Espresso Mousse Tarts with Coconut Cream Whipped Topping
By: Darlene - Peoria, AZ - 2016 Recipe Contest
"These tarts are a great, light summer treats. Rich dark chocolate espresso in a flaky phyllo shell, topped with a light coconut topping. The phyllo tart shells can be made ahead of time and kept in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks, great for easy assembly when needed. Enjoy!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
- 1-8oz roll phyllo dough, thawed
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup sugar, divided
- 6oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 6oz dark semi-sweet chocolate, melted
- 1½ teaspoons Door County Coffee Espresso, fine grind coffee
- ¾ cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- ¼ cup whipped cream, whipped
- ¼ cup coconut cream, whipped
- Unroll phyllo and cut into 9 sections.(Phyllo is 9x14 so each section will be appx. 4½ inch square). Remove single piece of phyllo and brush with butter.
- Repeat with another piece of phyllo and butter and stack on top of first piece. Repeat until you have 6 layers.
- Press section into 12 count muffin pan allowing edges of phyllo to stand up, tips of phyllo not touching pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown., Carefully remove to cooling rack. (Save remaining phyllo for another use or discard)
- Combine cream cheese, melted chocolate, coffee and 2 tablespoons sugar. Fold mixture into ¾ cup whipped cream.
- Pipe filling into shells.
- Skim ¼ cup cream from top of chilled can coconut cream. Place in a bowl with 2 tablespoons sugar. Whip until thick. In another small bowl whip ¼ heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped coconut cream into heavy whipped cream.
- Spoon topping on tarts before serving. Garnish with fine grind espresso and flaked coconut , if desired.