Espresso Brownie Cheddar Cheesecake
By: Linda - Englewood, FL - 2016 Recipe Contest
"Chocolate and Cheesecake! Yes, who could resist these combinations? Not me!
When I was creating a coffee cheesecake I just knew it had to be with a rich chocolate base. These little babies are so irresistibly incredible. Each bite will make you go for another."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup strongly brewed Door County Coffee Espresso
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 8 oz ricotta cheese, whole milk
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 2 TBS
- 2 med eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 TBS flour
- 1/4 cup choc. covered espresso beans, ground
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup strong Door County Coffee Espresso coffee, brewed
- 1/4 cup chocolate covered espresso beans, crushed
- To make Brownie: In large bowl add butter, sugar, vanilla, coffee and eggs. Mix well. Add remaining ingredients to small bowl, mix well. Add to wet ingredients. Mix well.
- To make cheesecake filling: Add all ingredients (except espresso beans) to food processor. Pulse all ingredients together and combine well. Fold in espresso beans.
- Grease 6 (4 inch) mini springform pans. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour approx. 1/4 cup brownie mixture to bottom of each pan. (Reserving approx. 6 TBS) Spread across bottom of pan. Pour approx 1/2 cup cheesecake mixture over top of brownie mixture, using up all of the mixture. Carefully spread across leveling out. Add 1 TBS of brownie mixture in center of cheesecake. With a knife swirl brownie mixture into cheesecake creating a marble effect.
- Bake in oven for approx 30-35 mins or until done. Cool.
- To make Glaze: Microwave chocolate for approx. 1 minute in safe bowl or until melted, stir. Add strong coffee, stir. Drizzle over top of little cheesecakes. Sprinkle crushed espresso beans.