Dulce De Leche Mocha Cheesecake Bars
By: Kim V. - Caldwell, NJ - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Sinful Delight Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 tablespoons strong brewed Door County Sinful Delight Coffee, cooled
- 2 tablespoons Sinful Delight Coffee granules
- 2 sticks cold salted butter, cubed
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups all purpose, unbleached flour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 can Dulce de Leche
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar (garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl combine the cubed butter, cocoa, coffee granules, flour, sea salt, and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon.
3. Using a pastry blender or your hands to combine all the ingredients until large crumbs form. This will take several minutes. Reserve 2 cups of the crumbs. Press the remaining crumbs into a glass 8"x 10" baking dish.
4. Pierce several times with a fork. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, whip the cream cheese with a hand mixer. Add in 1 teaspoon cinnamon, egg, the dulce de leche, and cooled brewed coffee. Mix until well combined and pour over the crust.
6. Sprinkle the top with the remaining crumbs. Cook for 40 minutes.
7. Cool on the counter for 1 hour then transfer to the fridge to chill completely before serving.
8. Cut into 12 squares. Dust with powdered sugar immediately before serving.