HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Door County Pulled Pork
By: Mike B. – Hamden, CT - 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
“I make this in the winter when I can't use my smoker. The Door County Coffee Lighthouse Blend gives the dish a smoky and complex flavor.”
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Lighthouse Blend Coffee Full-Pot Bag
- 1/2 C. finely ground Door County Coffee Lighthouse Blend
- 1 Tbsp. ground cumin
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 C. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. smoked paprika
- 3/4 C. dark brown sugar
- 5-8 pound pork butt
- 1 large onion
- 2 C. fresh brewed Door County Coffee Lighthouse Blend
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground Door County Coffee Lighthouse Blend, cumin, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, salt, ground pepper, smoked paprika and brown sugar.
- Set aside 1/4 cup of the mixed dry ingredients and rub the remaining mixture all over the pork. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 225 degrees.
- Peel and cut onion into 1/2" slices and in the bottom of a large pan.
- Place pork on top of onions with fat side up.
- Mix reserved dry rub mix into the fresh brewed coffee and pour into the bottom of the pan.
- Place into oven and cook for 4 1/2 hours, basting each 30 minutes with pan liquid.
- Remove from oven.
- Trim off excess fat and shred into a large bowl.
- Pour in 1 cup of pan liquid and mix well.
- Serve as is or in sandwich rolls.