HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Door County Jimmie Cake
By: Lana – Madison, WI – 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
“The recipe is special because any flavor of Door County Coffee can be used and each flavor makes each cake taste different!”
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
- 4 eggs (separated)
- 1 C. creamed butter
- 2 C. powdered sugar
- 1 C. cold favorite flavor of Door County Coffee brewed
- 2 C. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 C. chopped walnuts (can substitute pecans or almonds)
- 1 C. Jimmies (brown sprinkles for cookie decorating)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Separate eggs: whites in one bowl - beat until stiff-- and yolks in another bowl – lightly beaten.
- In medium bowl - add beaten yolks to creamed butter, cold coffee and powdered sugar & beat until combined.
- In a large bowl mix flour with baking powder, nuts and Jimmies.
- Combine liquid ingredients with dry ingredients; blend well.
- Fold in stiff beaten egg whites.
- Grease and flour a tube or bundt cake pan.
- Pour blended ingredients into pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or less.
- Check to see if cake is done by inserting toothpick into center of cake. When it comes out dry, cake is done.