Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Door County Hazelnut Creme Biscuits
By: Pam C. - Brockport, PA - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"Infused with Door County Hazelnut Crème Coffee, these biscuits are swirled and topped with chopped hazelnuts. Each bite provides the subtle flavor of coffee and hazelnuts. Perfect with your morning (or anytime!) cup of coffee!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Hazelnut Creme Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- ½ cup strong Door County Hazelnut Creme Coffee
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons strong Door County Hazelnut Creme Coffee
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- Garnish, ¼ cup finely chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F and place 12 cupcake papers in a muffin tin.
- Mix the brown sugar, butter, and chopped hazelnuts together and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter.
- In a small bowl, mix ½ cup strong Door County Hazelnut Creme Coffee and egg.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and stir until the dough forms a ball.
- Turn the dough onto a floured board and knead 10 times.
- Pat the dough into an 12” X 12” square.
- Spread the filling on top.
- Roll the dough like you would cinnamon rolls and then cut into 12 equal pieces.
- Place the pieces in the cupcake papers cut side up.
- Bake 15 minutes or until golden brown. Then remove from the pan and cool slightly.
- While the biscuits are cooling, stir the Door County Hazelnut Creme Coffee, powdered sugar, and butter together.
- Drizzle the frosting over warm biscuits.
- Garnish with chopped hazelnuts.