HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Door County Coffee Marinated Steak
By: Brittni – Manchesney Park, IL - 3rd Place Winner 2015
"Although coffee may not be a common ingredient used in a marinade, the Door County Intense Dark coffee adds such wonderful robust flavor and dimension to the marinated steaks. This is a great dish to serve on Father’s Day or bring along to a tailgate party!"
This is a fan-submitted recipe. It was also tested in the kitchen of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
- 1 cup Door County Coffee Intense Dark, brewed and cooled
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce (optional)
- 4 steaks of your choice (we like sirloin steaks)
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a gallon size Ziploc bag. Add steaks, close the bag, and place in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours. Occasionally turn the bag to ensure the marinade evenly coats the steaks.
- Preheat the grill to medium high.
- Remove steaks from the marinade and discard the remaining marinade.
- Coat grill grates with cooking spray or a brush of olive oil.
- Grill until steaks are at desired temperature. A medium rare steak will be 145 degrees, medium at 160 degrees, and well done at 170 degrees.
- Let the steak rest for ten minutes on a plate covered with aluminum foil.