Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Door County Coffee Baked Beans
By: Barb - Orleans, ON - Recipe Contest 2015
A unique twist on Grandma's old-fashioned baked beans recipe that will set your dish apart at the next cookout. The rich flavors of Intense Dark Coffee blend perfectly with the sweetness of Maple Syrup and molasses!
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Intense Dark Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 pounds dried white navy beans
- A touch of baking soda
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup brewed Door Country Coffee Intense Dark coffee
- 2 teaspoon dry hot mustard
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1/3 pound salt pork in tiny cubes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Rinse the beans, Cover with water and leave to soak overnight.
- Next morning, Drain beans and reserve the water.
- Add new water to cover and bring to a boil, Skim off any foam regularly.
- Add a touch of baking soda.
- Boil until tender (the skins of the beans should split when you blow on them).
- Preheat the oven to 300°
- Place the beans into a greased heavy deep casserole.
- Add the syrup, brewed coffee, dry mustard, molasses, onion and salt and pepper, mix well.
- Place the salt pork cubes on the top of the beans and press down.
- Add enough reserved bean water to cover.
- Bake for 6-8 hours covered (add more bean water if needed).