Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Coffee Maple Nut Pie
By: Barb - Orleans, ON - Recipe Contest 2015
Pie is rich but good. A little goes a long way!
An old family recipe that was given to me by my Great, great Aunt. They made their own maple syrup, had their own cows for cream and grew their own nuts. Coffee was a staple but a bit of a luxury. Smile
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: French Roast Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2/3 cup cream
- 1/3 cup cold strong brewed Door County Coffee French Roast coffee (to brew strong coffee, use 1/2 the water you normally would use)
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- A little cold brewed coffee
- 3/4 cup of finely chopped unsalted nut meats (walnut, hazelnuts, almond or mixture)
- Baked pie crust
- Whipped cream
- Mix together 2/3 cup cream.
- 1/3 cup cold strong brewed French Roast coffee and 1 cup of maple syrup.
- Add 1 beaten egg.
- Stir until blended.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of flour and 1 tablespoon of corn starch in a small bowl.
- Dissolve in a little cold brewed coffee before adding to the previous ingredients.
- Add 3/4 cup of finely chopped unsalted nut meats (walnut, hazel nuts, almond or mixture) and cook over double boiler.
- Stir constantly until thick and continue stirring for 15 minutes.
- Put in a baked crust.
- Chill and serve with whipped cream.