Coffee House Sloppy Joes
By: Nancy Heishman, NV - Recipe Contest 2015
These Sloppy Joe's are for adults only because of the coffee and Chile powder.
This is a fan-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchen of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Black Velvet Coffee 8 oz. Bag Ground
• 1 1/4 pound lean ground beef
• 1 tablespoon oil
• 2 minced cloves garlic
• 1/3 cup minced onion
• 1/3 cup diced green bell pepper
• 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
• 1 cup tomato sauce
• 3 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 tablespoon dried parsley
• 3/4 cup strong brewed Door County Coffee Black Velvet coffee (to brew strong coffee, use 1/2 the water you normally would use)
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 1-2 teaspoons Chile powder
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 4 hamburger buns toasted
1. In a large nonstick skillet heat the oil on medium high.
2. Sauté the ground beef, onions, garlic and green peppers for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the mustard, Worcestershire, tomato sauce, tomato paste, parsley, coffee, sugar, chile powder and salt.
4. Reduce heat to a simmer for 25-35 minutes until mixture thickens.
5. Serve on toasted hamburger buns.