Coffee Cookie Bar
By: Alexis H. - Vernon, CT - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"It's part cookie, part goodness."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Almond Toffee Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 tablespoons of ground Door County Almond Toffee Coffee
- 1 cup of softened butter
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups of A.P. flour
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 2 ounces of chocolate chips
- 4 ounces of chopped walnuts
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, egg yolk, and vanilla until smooth. Combine the flour and salt; stir into the creamed mixture. Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
3. Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from the oven and place chocolate chips on top of the cookie layer. Let stand until chocolate is melted and soft enough to spread.
4. Spread the chocolate out smoothly and sprinkle walnuts and coffee grounds on top of the chocolate.
5. Let the bars cool down and stiffen a little before cutting into squares.