Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
By: Barbara - Royal Oak, MI - Recipe Contest 2015
Nothing like a hot cup of coffee or a hot bowl of chili on a cold evening. What could be better than combining them!
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
- 1 cup dry red beans
- 1 cup extra-strong brewed Door County Coffee Black Velvet coffee, divided (to brew strong coffee, use half the water you normally would use)
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground Ancho Chili Pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Mexican (or Italian) stewed tomatoes
- 1 - 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- Toppings: Sour Cream, Green Onions, Monterey Jack Shredded cheese
- Cover the beans with 3/4 cup brewed Black Velvet coffee and soak overnight.
- In a deep soup pot, brown the ground beef with the onions and garlic.
- Add the spices, tomatoes, tomato sauce and remaining 1/4 cup Black Velvet coffee.
- Bring to a boil, stir and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the drained beans and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 1 hour or until beans are tender.
- Season with salt to taste.
- Serves with green onions, sour cream and Monterey Jack shredded cheese.