By: Andre A. - Coconut Creek, FL - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"Coffee and chocolate are best friends. Add almonds to them make these truffles very rich and delicious."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
- 1/3 cup brewed Door County Elite Espresso, cold
- 2 tablespoons finely ground Door County Elite Espresso
- 6 oz. sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 oz. dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- Garnish, coconut flakes
- Garnish, Door County Elite Espresso Whole Beans
1. Combine almonds, almond butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, coffee in blender, puree until smooth.
2. Melt chocolate over double boiler, add to coffee/almond mix. Pulse until well blended, pour into bowl, refrigerate 10 minutes.
3. Combine ground coffee and chocolate powder, spread on large plate.
4. Form medium size balls from coffee/almond mix, coat all sides in coffee/chocolate mix.
5. Transfer to serving plate, sprinkle with coconut flakes and coffee beans.