Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee Biscotti
By: Nancy H. - Las Vegas, NV - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1/2 cup finely ground Door County Cinnamon Hazelnut Coffee
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange peel zest
- 2 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons orange extract, reserve 1 teaspoon
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup finely chopped hazelnuts, set aside
- 1 12 ounce bag white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, finely ground coffee, cocoa powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- In large bowl, combine sugar, orange peel zest , butter, honey, 1 teaspoon orange extract and eggs and beat with electric beater on medium speed.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and beat in flour mixture just until combined.
- Stir in hazelnuts with a spoon
- Form dough into (2) two 3 inch x 8 inch logs onto the baking sheet, 3 inches apart.
- Bake until browned, about 25 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes and transfer to a cutting board.
- Cut 1/2 inch thick slices, using serrated knife.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325 degrees.
- Arrange slices on baking sheet; return to oven.
- Bake 20 more minutes.
- Flip biscotti slices over halfway through cooking.
- Cool 10 minutes on baking sheet then transfer to a cooling rack; cool completely.
- In a medium mircrowavable bowl, melt white chocolate chips with reserved 1 teaspoon orange extract on medium heat until smooth; stir often.
- Dip biscotti part way into melted chocolate.
- Roll in the finely chopped hazelnuts.
- Place on baking sheet lined with fresh parchment paper.
- 18. Refrigerate 30 minutes until set and then, enjoy!