Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Chocolate Mocha Cake with Mocha Frosting
By: Christine S. - Verona, WI - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"Chocolate and Coffee are two flavors that go wonderfully together. This cake will be even better served with a cup of Door County Sinful Delight coffee."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Sinful Delight Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 1/2 sticks Wisconsin butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup hot water
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp Door County Sinful Delight Coffee powder
- 2/3 cup half-and-half
- 3 tsp Door County Sinful Delight Coffee powder
- 12 oz. Dark bittersweet chocolate
- 3 Tbsp Wisconsin butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and lightly flour 9 x 13 pan.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add vanilla, then beat in eggs one at a time.
- In a separate bowl sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt
- In another bowl whisk hot water, cocoa and coffee powder until smooth. Add half and half, then add half flour mix and chocolate mix and blend.
- Add rest of flour and chocolate mixes, until batter is mixed.
- Pour into pan. Bake 35 minutes and then let cool.
- Melt chocolate and butter in microwave 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in vanilla and add powdered sugar a little at a time until well blended.
- Spread on cooled cake and enjoy!