Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Chia Coffee Raisin Muffins
By: Nancy - Las Vegas, NV - Recipe Contest 2015
I like using Chia seeds as it adds extra protein to the muffins, the orange flavor brings out the coffee flavor. Serving muffins warm is best.
This is a fan-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchen of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Breakfast Blend Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 1/4 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons Chia Seeds
- 3 teaspoon orange rind zest
- 2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup brewed Door County Coffee Breakfast Blend, cold
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 4 teaspoons powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat 10 muffin cups with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together both flours, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, orange zest, chia seeds.
- In separate bowl, beat together the egg, egg whites.
- Stir in orange extract, oil, and brewed Door County Coffee Breakfast Blend, cold.
- Stir mixture into flour mixture, until just blended.
- Stir in raisins.
- Divide batter evenly in muffin cups.
- Bake 17-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes then invert muffins to cool on rack.
- Dust with powdered sugar. (optional)