Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Cherry Cordial Coffee Cake
By: Lu H. - Hudson, WI - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"This chocolate cake is one of our family favorites. The addition of the coffee and the cherries from Door County punched it up from great to phenomenal!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Cherry Creme Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 1/2 C Door County Cherry Crème Coffee (prepared and cooled)
- 3 C flour
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 6 Tbsp. cocoa
- 3 tsp. baking soda
- 3 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 C mayonnaise
- Pinch of salt
- 2 lbs. pitted Door County Cherries
- 1.5 oz. Door County Chocolate Cherry Coffee grounds
- 3 Tbsp. corn starch
- 3 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Blend cake ingredients with an electric mixer. Pour into (2) two 9" round cake pans with parchment paper on the bottom. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow cakes to chill completely.
- Combine filling ingredients in a saucepan. Heat over medium heat until thickened to the consistency of pie filling. Add additional corn starch a teaspoon at a time, if needed. Remove from heat and chill completely.
- Whip frosting ingredients together until soft peaks form.
- Top one cake with filling and then with the second cake. Pipe frosting around the top edge of the cake. Frost the sides of the cake. Top the cake with the remaining cherry filling.
- Serve with a hot cup of Door County Coffee!