HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Caramel Macchiato Skillet Brownie
By: Juliana - Wesley Chapel, FL - 2016 Recipe Contest
"I am all about coffee, especially when accompanied by chocolate and caramel. This Espresso Brownie recipe base won the heart of Duff Goldman and other Food Network chefs when I competed on Spring Baking Championship in 2015. These are classic flavors made into a gooey dessert can turn any head."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Elite Espresso 10 oz. Bag Ground
For the brewed coffee make:
- 3 tbsp Elite Espresso grounds
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup brewed espresso from above
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (heated hot)
- 1/2 cup strong brewed espresso from above
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven 350 degrees, set aside a 10" cast iron skillet. Prepare espresso, 1 cup hot water 3 tbsp espresso grounds.
- In a bowl, combine melted butter, sugar, cocoa powder, and 1/4 cup brewed espresso. Mix well. Stir in salt, vanilla and then the eggs. End with flour. Pour batter into skillet. Bake 350 degrees 25-30 minutes.
- When brownies are cooling, prepare caramel sauce. In a medium to large pot combine 2 cups sugar and 1/2 cup water on medium high heat. Boil and swirl pot until mixture turns golden brown.
- Remove from heat and slowly add in hot heavy cream. Be careful, it will bubble rapidly. Stir until mixed well. Pour over hot brownies and allow to set.
- For the Espresso Gananche heat heavy cream until hot and mix in 1/2 cup of brewed espresso. Stir in chocolate chips. Continue to stir until all chips are melted and a smooth chocolate sauce is formed. This will thicken as it cools.
- After brownies are completely cooled and caramel sauce is completely set. Cut and drizzle with Espresso ganache. Garnish with whole coffee or espresso beans.
- For an added touch, you can make coffee whipped cream! 1 cup cold heavy cream, 1/4 cup powdered sugar, and 2 tbsp brewed espresso, whip on high in stand mixer until fluffy