Full Pot Bags
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Caramel Latte Coffee Tart
By: Maria G. - Quezon City, Philippines - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"The Door County Caramel Latte Coffee brings out the mild and flavorful aroma of coffee in this tart!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Caramel Latte Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 tbsp Door County Caramel Latte Coffee
- 145 grams all-purpose flour (about 1 cup)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 stick cold unsalted butter (1/4 pound), cut in 1/8-inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1 tsp Door County Caramel Latte Coffee
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp cornflour
- 1/2 cup of coldwater
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 2 eggwhites
- 2 cups of icing sugar
- 1pc banana cut and oven baked to dry
- 1/2 cup of walnuts
- Mix the flour, sugar and salt in a food processor or blender.
- Add the butter pieces, in batches, and pulse until mixed. Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until a clumpy dough forms, chill for 15 mins.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F for 10 mins.
- On a floured surface, roll out your dough… between 1/8 inch thick to 1/4 inch thick.
- Place the dough rounds into the UNGREASED Tart pan, and push down gently with your fingers so the dough is centered in the well.
- Blind Bake until the tart shells are evenly golden and crisp, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes, then remove the tart shells from the pan and cool to room temperature.
- Warm the evaporated milk, egg yolks and coffee in a saucepan.
- Add the cornflour mixed with ½ tin cold water.
- Dissolve the sugar and butter, add to the milk mixture and heat it, stirring all the time until it is thick.
- Pour 1 1/2 tbs. tart filling into coffee tart shell and chill.
- Decorate with whipped eggwhites and icing sugar (meringue style).
- Top with banana chips and walnuts.