Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Café Gyro Casarecce Pasta
By: Andreann - Myrtle Beach, SC - 2016 Recipe Contest
"A seared leg of lamb, slowly braised in broth & coffee until it is melt in your mouth tender, then pulled and sprinkled aromatic spices and served combined with the pasta, garden fresh vegetables and toppings often associated with Greek dishes.
The coffee gives this dish an amazing depth of flavor and imparts an almost open flame cooked essence.
*** Shawarma or Syrian spice blends are a combination of cardamom, nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper, cayenne pepper, bay leaf, salt, garlic, allspice and cloves."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Breakfast Blend Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 boneless leg of lamb 3 pounds
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 large sweet yellow onion (diced)
- 1 large carrot cut into 4 pieces
- 2 stalks of celery (cut in half)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups brewed Door County Breakfast Blend Coffee
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 tablespoon Shawarma spice blend or Syrian spice blend
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups cooked Casarecce pasta
- 2 cups diced tomato
- 1 small red onion sliced
- 1 cup diced English cucumber
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Tzatziki sauce
- Preheat oven to 325° F
- Place leg of lamb into a small Dutch oven. Coat the lamb with ¼ cup olive oil and season with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Sear well over medium high heat. Once seared add yellow onion, carrot, celery, chicken stock and coffee. Cover well and cook at 325° F for 3 to 4 hours (or until meat easily pulls apart).
- Remove lamb from Dutch oven and place onto a large platter. Using two forks pull the meat apart. Once meat is pulled place into a large skillet and add 1/2 cup of the pan drippings, season with lemon zest, spice blend and minced garlic then cook over medium high heat until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add pasta, diced red onion, cucumber, 1/2 cup feta, Kalamata olives & chickpeas to the meat and toss to combine.
- Whisk together lemon juice, brown sugar, and remaining olive oil and drizzle over top of the pasta and meat mixture.
- To serve place in bowl and top with a dollop of Tzatziki sauce and some of the crumbled feta.