HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Buttery Cashew Coffee Brittle
By: Felice - Raleigh, NC - 2016 Recipe Contest
"There's very little that coffee can't improve and this recipe is proof. Many people make nut brittles for the holidays, but with the addition of coffee and coffee beans you have a differently delicious treat that is special any time of the year. Try it once and you'll be hooked."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Jamaican Me Crazy Coffee 10 oz. Bag Wholebean
- 2 c. sugar
- ½ c. water
- 8 tbs. unsalted butter
- 1/3 c. light corn syrup
- ½ Tbs. Jamaican Me Crazy ground coffee
- 12 oz. roasted salted cashews
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 c. Jamaican Me Crazy whole coffee beans
- ¾ c. unsweetened flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 200°. Generously grease a large baking sheet with butter. Place in oven, and turn off oven, leaving sheet in the oven to stay warm.
- Combine sugar, water, butter, corn syrup, and ground coffee in a large deep saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture registers 250° on a candy thermometer.
- Stir in the cashews and continue cooking until mixture reaches 300°. Remove from heat and carefully stir in baking soda. Mixture will foam and rise in the pan. Stir in coffee beans and coconut.
- Immediately spread hot mixture in a thin layer on prepared baking sheet. Let cool completely before breaking into pieces.