Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Brown Butter Coffee Krispies
By: Lisa - Oshkosh, WI - 2016 Recipe Contest
"This is a very loved recipe in my house. So easy and yet different than your typical Rice Krispie recipe. The browning of the butter, the coffee and the sea salt really make the recipe special."
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Almond Toffee Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 1 stick (4 oz.) plus 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 bags (10.5 oz. each) mini marshmallows (about 12 cups)
- 5 cups crisped rice cereal
- 2 cups salted roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspsoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground Door County Coffee Almond Toffee, or another flavor
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chips (1 cup)
- Line an 8- or 9-inch square baking dish with foil; grease lightly.
- In a 10- to 12-qt. pot, melt the butter over medium-low heat, browning slightly until it begins to smell toasted. Do Not Burn. Add vanlla and 10 cups mini marshmallows and cook, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth, about 5 minutes; remove the pot from the heat.
- Using a wet spoon or spatula, fold in the rice cereal. Sprinkle in the almonds, ground coffee and salt; fold quickly to distribute. Sprinkle in the chocolate chips and remaining mini marshmallows; fold gently to distribute.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Using slightly damp hands or a wet spatula, press into an even layer. Let cool completely. Cut into squares to serve.