Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Blueberry Mocha Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
By: Karen Smithson - Quitman, AR - 3rd Place Winner 2016
Lemon, blueberry and chocolate come together in perfect harmony in this unique chocolate cake recipe. With fresh juicy blueberries and the Blueberry Cobbler coffee, this is a perfect summer-time cake!
This is a fan-submitted recipe. It was also tested in the kitchen of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Blueberry Cobbler Coffee Full-Pot Bag
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 1/2 cups strong brewed Door County Blueberry Cobbler Coffee
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces fresh or frozen blueberries
- 16 ounces crem cheese at room temperature
- 8 ounces softened butter
- 4-6 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with cooking spray and lightly dust with flour.
- Place flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, salt and red pepper into a large mixing bowl or bowl of a stand mixer.
- Whisk thoroughly until well combined.
- Add coffee, 1/2 cup melted butter, eggs and sour cream.
- Whisk by hand until well combined or mix on low speed of mixer.
- Place blueberries in a bowl and sprinkle one tablespoon of flour over the them then add to the batter.
- Evenly divide the cake batter into the prepared cake pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes before removing them from the pans.
- Frost with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting which is made by mixing the cream cheese and 8 ounces of softened butter until smooth. Beat in vanilla,lemon zest and lemon juice until blended. Gradually add the powdered sugar until desired sweetness is achieved. Beat on high until frosting is light and fluffy.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of frosting between the layers of cake and use the remainder to frost the outside.
- May be garnished with lemon slices and blueberries is desired.