HOLIDAY GIFT GUIDES
Single Serve Cups
8/10 oz. Bags
5 lb Bags
Cocoa & Chai
Gifts Under $25
Single Serve Coffee Gifts
Full-Pot Bag Gifts
Subscribe & Save
Black Velvet Candied Pecan Burger
By: Karen E. - Bartlett, TN - 2017 Recipe Contest Submission
"This burger is a combination of our family's love for good coffee and our obsession with burgers!"
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 pound ground round
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon Mrs. Dash seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- Sharp cheddar cheese sliced
- French Brioche burger buns
- 3 tablespoons extra fine ground Door County Black Velvet Coffee
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1 heaping tablespoon fine ground Door County Black Velvet Coffee
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg white
- 4 slices cooked bacon crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning (creole)
- lettuce - tomato - purple onion
- Combine ground round and ground chuck together in large mixing bowl.
- Add onion powder, garlic powder, Mrs. Dash seasoning and worcestershire sauce to meat.
- Form meat into 4 - 8oz patties.
- Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Grind Black Velvet coffee bean to extra fine and sift the coffee to remove any large pieces.
- Add salt, pepper, and cajun seasoning to coffee. Set aside until needed.
- Fry 4 slices of bacon and crumble bacon into small mixing bowl.
- Add mayo, sour cream, pepper, and cajun seasoning. Set in refrigerator until needed.
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix sugars, coffee, salt and cajun seasoning in bowl.
- In a separate bowl add egg white, beat until frothy.
- Add pecans to egg whites, coating pecans completely.
- Add sugar mixture to pecans, stir until coated.
- Pour pecans onto parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, tossing pecans every 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Remove burgers from refrigerator and coat both sides of burgers with coffee rub.
- Grill burgers until desired doneness. Add cheese slices to burgers. Butter and toast buns.
- Take bottom bun and spread with bacon mayo, top with lettuce, tomato, burger with cheese, onion slices, chopped candied pecans, add top bun spread with bacon mayo.