Almond Mocha Parfaits
By: Antobella C. – Ontario, Canada - 2014 Recipe Contest Submission
“Inspired by my never-ending quest to keep making desserts while living with a gluten allergy. And nothing gives a sweet dish quite the same character as a flavor combination with your favorite coffee!”
This is a Door County Coffee Fan recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Café.
Featured ingredient: Almond Toffee Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
For the crust:
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 cup liquid egg whites
- 1/2 cup almond/skim milk
- 2 tbsp Door County cocoa
- 2 tbsp Door County Almond Toffee coffee
- 2-3 tbsp xylitol
- 1 Cup 2% Greek Yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp honey
- Whole Almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients for crust.
3. Pour into small baking dish (8x8) and bake 20 minutes.
4. Blend the icing ingredients. Whisk to add airiness.
5. Slice crust into squares.
6. Layer crust squares and icing.
7. Top with almonds.