A Cup of Joe Meatloaf
By: Jeanne - Oxford, WI - Recipe Contest 2015
My mother-in-law had two different meatloaf recipes. One recipe was very dry, and the other was smothered in barbecue sauce. She always alternated recipes because her husband liked the dry one and her son liked the barbecue one. The day I married her son, she gave me this recipe and never made it again. I have served this homey meal to family and guests for many years; they all love it. After visiting your store and hearing about your contest, my kids and I started trying out coffee in some of our favorite recipes. We just loved how this one turned out, and I hope you like it too.
This is a user-submitted recipe. It was not made in the kitchens of the Door County Coffee Cafe.
Featured ingredient: Jamaican Blue Mountain Blend Coffee 10 oz. Bag Ground
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- ¾ cup quick rolled oats (oatmeal uncooked)
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg (well beaten)
- ¾ cup milk
- 1/3 cup catsup
- 3 well-rounded tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 cup strong brewed Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee (to brew strong coffee, use 1/2 the water you normally would use)
1. Heat oven to 350°
2. For meatloaf, combine all ingredients (excluding sauce), mix thoroughly.
3. Pack firmly into ungreased loaf pan. (I use a bundt pan because it allows extra room on top for the sauce).
4. Make sauce.
5. Combine sauce ingredients and pour over unbaked meatloaf.
6. Bake 350° for 1 hour
7. Let stand five minutes before slicing